I’ll take it!!!
There is no such thing as a bad win in the NFL. With the way things have been going around here ANY win is a good one. This one was different. Even the most die hard Cowboy fan (myself included) was waiting for Garcia to get a game winning TD on that last drive. It didn’t happen. Exhale now. When we look back on the 2008 season yesterday may have very well been the turning point. With visits to New York & Washington the next two games the Cowboys might not have recovered from another loss. I know we can probably say the same thing in 3 weeks when we visit Washington. This win was different. There was no Tony Romo to bail the defense out. The defense, and some Tampa penalites, saved the day and maybe the season. We won’t know that for 8 more weeks but 5-3 sounds a whole lot better than 4-4!
From where I’m sitting:
- Mike Jenkins- what a game! The young CB’s really stepped up and showed they could play in this league. If and when T New comes back the CB position could be solidified for years to come
- MB3 showed yesterday what a tough runner he is. Unofficially 30 or so yards after contact. Ran his heart out
- I know it was only one catch but Roy Williams had the play of the game and maybe the season. Just think if the ball was tipped in the air incomplete and the score is 6-3 instead of 10-6 at halftime.
- Bradie James played like a man as well yesterday. He is the leader on defense and he showed it yesterday
- OK, not to throw cold water on a great win but the Brad Johnson tenure has to come to an end. There is no downfield threat at all with him in the game. Unofficially one pass deeper than 15 yards. The Giants or any team is going to put 8 or even 9 guys up to stop Barber. Can’t win like that.
- Take a split in these next 2 and run. But with the Giants at 6-1 and Wash at 6-2 and having already beat Dallas which win would you choose…..