A win is a win in the NFL. There are no style points. No polls. We all know the old adage “on any given Sunday.” Hey, I will take the Cowboys 31-22 win anytime. That being said something is not right with this team right now. The fact of the matter is we are two fumbles away, in Dallas teritory, from facing a 2-3 start. Now, those fumbles did happen and we are 4-1. But to think that Dallas is one of the elite teams in the NFL is just not true. They are not the best team in the NFL. They are not the best team in the NFC. Heck, they are the 3rd best team in the division right now!! There is a sense of accomplishment that this team has that is quite simply not warrented. WE DID NOT WIN THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR! We could not beat the Giants at home, a team that we beat twice already, to get the the NFC Championship. Do I think they could beat anyteam, anywhere right now…..yes! But there are a few things that MUST be figured out before this team takes that next step:
- Tony…I love ya…”your my quarterback”….but what is going on? INT’s in 8 straight games? Another lost fumble? It’s becoming more clear that is may be feast or famine with our QB. I wouldn’t trade him for anyone but HE HAS TO PLAY BETTER.
- T.O? Snap out of it..your getting the ball & making plays. What more do you want?
- Patrick Crayton has to step up and stop with the key drops. I know he found the ball in the end zone yesterday but he has to be more consistant.
- I know I knock Anthony Henry but Terence Newman has got to stay healthy. With him and A Jones, by the end of the season could really be dominating. The only place I want to see A. Henry is in nickle or dime coverage.
- It’s kind of ironic to me how MB3‘s playing time is almost coming full circle. He was the 3rd down back for J Jones, getting a few carries a game. I can see this happening to F Jones. I AM NOT KNOCKING MB3 but F Jones is a better pure runner. Would 20 carries for MB3 & 12 for F Jones be a bad thing?
- What is going on at home? I truly think that this team is far too overconfident at home and has a us vs the world mentality on the road that works better for this team.
All that being said we are still 4-1 and if we can win at Arizona and follow that up with a win at St Louis all of a sudden 6-1 looks pretty good. Pretty good would be ok for most teams in most years…just not what the expectations are for this year.