I came across a great article in the Dallas Morning News by Tim MacMahon, who lists the top 25 players that the dallas Cowboys have drafted in the second round of the NFL Draft.
Here are the top ten, but make sure to check out the rest at DMN.
I’ll warn you that it gets pretty ugly toward the bottom, but hey… nobody’s perfect.
1. G/T Larry Allen (1994, 46th overall) – The most overpowering offensive lineman of his era is a no-brainer Hall of Famer.
2. S Darren Woodson (1992, 37th overall) – All-time leading tackler in franchise history has a strong case for the Hall of Fame.
3. FB Daryl Johnston (1989, 39th overall) – Moose, the best blocking fullback of his era, played major role on three Super Bowl title teams.
4. LT Flozell Adams (1998, 38th overall) – Might not have deserved all five Pro Bowl trips, but he’s started 162 games over the last 11 seasons.
5. C/G Andre Gurode (2002, 37th overall) – Gaining ground on Adams after three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances.
6. LB Dixon Edwards (1991, 37th overall) – Solid player who earned three Super Bowl rings.
7. LB Darrin Smith (1993, 54th overall) – Similar to Edwards, but he has one less ring.
8. LB Randall Godfrey (1996, 49th overall) – Like Edwards and Smith, gave Cowboys four solid seasons before leaving in free agency.
9. RB Julius Jones (2004, 43rd overall) – He’s no Steven Jackson, but he was a decent back in Dallas (3,484 rushing yards, 18 TDs in four seasons).
10. WR Kevin Williams (1993, 46th overall) – Dallas native was pretty good return man, serviceable receiver for four seasons with Cowboys.