newsnotes

Cowboys Hand Saints Their First Loss In 24-17 Thriller

Wow what an incredible finish to an incredible game, and quite possibly some the best drama we’ve seen all season.

The Cowboys did the unexpected and beat the previously undefeated New Orleans Saints 24-17 in a hard fought battle that kept most Cowboys fans on the edge of their seats right up until the final seconds of the game.

Tony Romo and Miles Austin lit up the sky and the scoreboard once again on offense, while Marion Barber and Felix Jones kept the ground game churning and burning.

However, it was the defense who stepped up the most and found a way to stop the juggernaut from New Orleans.

DeMarcus Ware

DeMarcus Ware was back and made some key plays including a sack of Drew Brees and a forced fumble with 10 seconds left on the clock and the Saints moving the ball. The Cowboys recovered and the rest as they say was history.

Anthony Spencer and Mike Jenkins had huge efforts on defense, and as for Spencer, he is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with on defense.

The only bad note to the game was the continuing struggles of Nick Folk who missed a chip-shot field goal that the Cowboys needed to put the Saints away for good. There”s no way the Cowboys don’t replace him next week.

This was the first December win on the road since 2007 for the Cowboys.

The victory may have put a final nail in the Giants coffin, but keeps us alive and well for a play off spot as we inch closer to the final game of the season against the much hated Eagles at Cowboys Stadium. What a game that will be!

Merry Christmas everybody!

Enjoy this gift from the Cowboys!

0 replies
  1. Kelly Horn
    Kelly Horn says:

GREAT RECAP FOR A GREAT GAME!!!!

I am so proud of the team coming together like that. It really was a team effort. They had heart and spirit and they wanted this win more than anything and when everyone said they couldn’t they did it!

Way to go Dallas Cowboys!

2. April
    April says:

I”m so happy for The Boys. They played very well. they came out early and Ware and Company kept the Saints offense from a late comeback in the 4th qtr. Most of the things that the Saints did well against other teams all season The Cowboys put a stop to it and Now the Nfl and Espn analyst are speechless and Silence is Silver :)

3. Mens Gucci Shoes
    Mens Gucci Shoes says:

With the passage of time, along with changes in technology, great changes can also be seen in the savor and likings of people. As against history when people think clothes and gucci shoes just as the gear to scuff now their belief have utterly changed. Today clothes and most importantly shoe are considered as the most important effects everyone liked that, irrespective of age and sex and lacking which no business is considered as finished.

4. C Brown
    C Brown says:

Great win for the Boys last night but I think it may be time for a new O.C and kicker. The play calling down the stretch was way too conservative as it has been the past few weeks. Our Deffense is one the best when healthy but you can’t soley rely on D. The Offense had many chance to put 6 on the board but we didn’t take too many shots down the field once we jumped out to the big lead! Now for Folk, well I think its time to look for his replacement!!!!

5. C-Moore
    C-Moore says:

That’s what I’m talking about baby!! We SHOCKED THE WORLD……. I love seeing these NFLN and ESPN guys having to back pedal and eat their words!!

GO COWBOYS!!

6. KempsWifey27
    KempsWifey27 says:

As I was getting ready for work yesterday morning, I flicked the channel over to the NFLN and too my suprise I see a “documentary” on the Cowboys of the 90’s. Then they started showing the highlights to the back to back superbowl wins!! It brought a small tear to my eye. I thought to myself now that’s what I’m talkin about the great O the AWESOME D! why can’t our Boys now play hard like that!!!! I know I know the Boys now are not the Boys then. All I could do was say a small prayer and hope that the Boys step up their game . “PLEASE Let them step up their FREAKIN’ GAME!!” were my exact Thoughts. Then to my sweet suprise my prayer was answered!!! It was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game with my fingers crossed,especially when the Saints showed signs of life. I honestly thought oh dear God, don’t let the Boys fall
    apart now! (O ye of little faith right?) In the end The Boys won and I was so super happy for them! I hope they keep up the good work. I’m not gonna dare say the Boys are Back just yet! Lets remember its only 1 game
    they have the sheagles next and they have not beat them in Dec. since 1999! I totally agree with with C Brown on getting rid of Nick Folk, and
    getting rid of the O.C! GO COWBOYS!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lone Star Struck and Dallas Cowboys Buzz, Sandra. Sandra said: Reading: Cowboys Hand Saints Their First Loss In 24-17 Thriller | Lone Star Struck OHH HELL YEAH http://bit.ly/7Yx0nN […]

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!