To all the so called experts out there who said there was no way the Cowboys could go into MetLife Stadium and beat the Giants. Well, all I can say is better luck next time with your predictions. I’m not big on writing game recaps because we all saw what happened and we all saw the final score…24-17 Cowboys!! The Cowboys not only got off to a great start in 2012, they did it on the road against a division rival. I understand that this was only one game, but it was a BIG game. The Cowboys needed to come out and not only play well, but they needed to prove something to themselves. They did just that and now can use it to build on instead of starting from a 0-1 hole. And as far as this Cowboys fan is concerned, any win over the Giants is a great win!
So what did I see last night?
1. I saw a team that even when things weren’t going their way still stood strong and fought.
2. I saw Kevin Ogletree take advantage of his opportunity while other players like Dez Bryant and Miles Austin were being taken out of the game by the Giants defense.
3. I saw DeMarcus Ware do what he normally does. Two sacks, five tackles and was all over the field, but last night he seemed to do it with anger, which I loved.
4. I saw Jason Witten being the warrior that he is playing injured. He may not have been affective for the most part, but he was out there fighting and I’m sure that meant a lot to the team.
5. I saw great coverage for the most part from the Cowboys rebuilt secondary.
6. I saw new Cowboy Ryan Cook come in early and do an outstanding job at center for the Cowboys and may have just taken away Phil Costa’s job.
7. I saw 13 penalties for 86 yards, most of them coming along the offensive line which needs to be corrected. One penalty I did not mind was on Tyron Smith as he prevented the touchdown on the interception return. Even though it was a horse collar and he could have hurt the player, he still prevented the score.
8. A saw DeMarco Murray run inside, run outside and never gave up even when the holes weren’t there. I saw him go out of his way at times looking for contact. He is a difference maker in so many ways on offense.
9. I saw Bruce Carter showing his speed at linebacker as well as toughness as he collected five tackles. I also saw Sean Lee continuing to be a defensive leader as he forced a fumble and had 12 tackles, 10 of them solo.
10. I saw Tony Romo extend plays with his feet as he connected with eight different receivers. I saw accurate passes and control of the game throughout.
In the end the Cowboys played a great game and beat the World Champs in their own building. Now they have 11 days until they visit Seattle in Week 2. Let’s hope that this victory is a sign of things to come in 2012 and building block to their season. Congrats to the Cowboys on a job well done. As Walt Disney once said…”Keep Moving Forward”