For the third time this season Tony Romo is up for FedEx Player of the Week at NFL.com. Now come on Cowboys fans, get your votes counted! You can vote as many times as you like, so get to clicking!
Also, Romo winning is more than just for show, if he wins $1,000 will go to Safe Kids Coalition in Dallas.
VIKINGS QB BRETT FAVRE, EAGLES QB DONOVAN MC NABB & COWBOYS QB TONY ROMO; TITANS RB CHRIS JOHNSON, JAGUARS RB MAURICE JONES-DREW & TEXANS RB RYAN MOATS CANDIDATES FOR FEDEX AIR & GROUND® NFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK HONORS
Fans To Vote For Winners On NFL.com FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks BRETT FAVRE of the Minnesota Vikings, DONOVAN MC NABB of the Philadelphia Eagles and TONY ROMO of the Dallas Cowboys are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 1 – 2, while running backs CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans, MAURICE JONES-DREW of the Jacksonville Jaguars and RYAN MOATS of the Buffalo Bills are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.
For a second season, fans can tune into the “FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown” posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network’s RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Minnesota’s BRETT FAVRE passed for 244 yards and four touchdowns completing 17 of 28 passes at Lambeau Field in the Vikings’ 38 – 26 win over the Green Bay Packers.
• Philadelphia’s DONOVAN MC NABB threw three touchdowns, completing 17 of 23 passes for 240 yards in the Eagles’ 40 – 17 win over the New York Giants.
• Dallas‘ TONY ROMO completed 21 of 36 passes for 256 yards and three touchdowns in the Cowboys’ 38 – 17 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Tennessee’s CHRIS JOHNSON gained 228 yards on 24 carries including two touchdown runs of 52 yards and 89 yards in the Titans’ 30 – 13 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
• Jacksonville’s MAURICE JONES-DREW carried the ball eight times for 177 yards and two touchdowns (80 and 79 yards) in the Jaguars’ 30 – 13 loss to the Tennessee Titans.
• Houston’s RYAN MOATS carried the ball 23 times for 126 yards and three touchdowns in the Texans’ 31 – 10 win over the Buffalo Bills.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA.