What can we learn from a week 4 loss?
A tough loss? YES! Losing at home to a division rival? NOT GOOD! Is this the beginning of the end for the 2008 season? C’MON….NO!
If there were one team that any true Cowboy fan would least like to lose to it would have to be the Washington Redskins. While falling to 3-1 and out of first place is not what many would have thought going into this weekend hope for a Super Bowl is not lost. In fact, if you would have asked me before the season where we would have been after four games I probably would have said 3-1 and take it.
With a home game against winless Cincinnati this week things may look different after next week. What Sunday’s loss did to me was start to cast some doubts as far as the Cowboys ability to win at home. As we mentioned last week Dallas is 0-5 in their last 5 December home games. Three of the four losses last year were at home as well. If we do not start dominating at home this may turn out to be a very difficult year. Let’s face it: four of the best, let’s say six, teams are in the NFC East. I feel confident that we will be able to get this game back and win a division game on the road this year. But it does say something that I am more confident winning in New York than at home. If we don’t get back to winning at home the road to Tampa may start and finish on the road.
From where I’m sitting:
- Barber 8 carries, F Jones 0….we’re not going to win many games like that. And if you didn’t think so before MB3 is the key to the offense (remember 2nd half vs Giants). The offense will only be as good as the running game is.
- I have seen enough of Anthony Henry. Not that he played that badly or did anything in particular on Sunday. It’s time for M Jenkins or A Jones to take over at corner
- Nitpicking here but can Andre Gurode please do a better job with the shotgun snaps..kills the timing of every shotgun play
- Boy is Santana Moss a pain in the neck
- 12 men on field?? After a timeout?? CMON!!!
- I love Tony Romo. After years of Q Carter, D Bledsoe, V Testaverde, R Leaf & D Henson it is nice to have a QB that can play. That being said HE HAS TO STOP WITH THE TURNOVERS! Sunday makes 7 straight games with an INT. The 3rd qtr INT changed the entire game. If he doesn’t start practicing ball security any playoff run will be a short one.